I am pretty sure the “nesting” instinct has kicked in for me. As Greg puts it, I was a “whirlwind” this past weekend getting stuff ready for the baby. I did 6 loads of baby laundry (clothes, towels, bedding, blankets), put everything away, cleaned closets, organized her room, rearranged her room (a couple times – sorry to Greg who had to move all of the furniture!), made her bed, had Greg put together all of her gadgets and toys, tested the video monitor, and of course had to run out and buy a ton of stuff too!!! Whew. . . got a lot done but still feel like there is a lot to do! However, as much work as it was, I have to say it was SO MUCH FUN! I am sure the novelty of washing and folding all of her little clothes will wear off but this first time was fun!!
I had my 34 week doctor’s appointment this morning. She was moving around during the appointment (and they think she had the hiccups) so they had trouble getting an accurate heart rate using a Doppler so they opted to do an ultrasound. She was pretty active during the ultrasound too but they were able to get a strong heart beat (159 beats per minute) and said everything looks great. . . guess she just wanted to play this morning. They were also able to get an estimate of her weight at this point. . . she is 5 pounds 7 ounces right now. Yikes – she could be a pretty big baby if she continues to grow like that in the next 6 weeks and I go full term!!!
Check out the picture below of today’s ultrasound!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment