Camy's delivery was much more relaxed than Macy's emergency c-section! We were able to pre-schedule Camy's delivery since it was a repeat c-section. We scheduled it for Tuesday, May 3rd which was exactly 1 week prior to her May 10th due date. Grandma Mary stayed at our house with Macy while we were in the hospital, she came over on Monday night as Greg and I had to be at the hospital at 6AM. We arrived at 6AM and got checked in and started the pre-op stuff (IV, blood work, paperwork, etc.) then as scheduled at 8AM I was moved to the delivery room and was prepped for surgery and given my spinal. Greg then joined me in the room for the delivery. Less than a half hour later, Camy Jade Courtney was born at 8:29 AM!!! She was healthy and perfect in every way. Greg and a nurse took Camy to be cleaned while I was stitched up. I joined them in the recovery room shortly after and got to enjoy skin to skin time with Camy on my chest. She actually nursed right away as well. We stayed in the recovery room for a few hours before heading up to the mother/baby unit where we stayed the rest of the time.
We Have Arrived!!!
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment